Friday 25 May 2012

Governed by IT!

"The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning and does not stop until you get into the office.” : P
But I feel on some days it stops working even when we do not have to go to office. : (

Being an IT professional and working 5 days a week for countless hrs a day, sometimes it really gets to me. And I remain in my work-mode even on weekends or when I m on leave.
How so?
Picture these incidents:

- Sometimes I find myself wearing the company ID card on weekends when I m just going out with friends for a movie or to the store to get something. : /


- Sometimes while driving to a friend's place, I try flashing my company ID card to the security guard there when he asks me to sign the visitors book, yelling ' I work here! ' : /
[ Happened twice already, he's surely gonna shoot me next time. :O ]


- Sometimes I hold my hands in front of the tap at home expecting water to flow out automatically without turning the knob on. : /
[ This ones a classic, and my Dad who was waiting behind me to wash his hands after dinner thought I was sleeping standing up. Sheesh : / ]


- Sometimes when I feel cold at home, I tell Mum - we should raise a ticket to get the temperature adjusted : /
[ Mum keeps wondering, has my daughter totally lost it! :O ]


- Sometimes when I pick-up a call (especially on the landline ) I m prompted to say " Hi Mark, This is Rino here. And my status for today is.... "
[ Standard dialogue from my everyday status call at work ]


- Sometimes I end my personal emails with ' Please revert in case of any queries. ' : /


-  I try to log on to my personal computer at home using ' Ctrl+Alt+Delete ' : /


- I do not access my personal mail accounts / certain sites at home thinking they might be blocked anyway.


- Sometimes  when I am using my personal computer at home and it's 1pm, I immediately log on to    FaceBook thinking that it will be blocked in an hour. : /


- Sometimes I try to login to my personal accounts using my office ID and password. And when the login fails, I keep wondering, ' Oh Lord! Have my credentials expired or did someone hack my account and change the password.' :O


- Sometimes I give my extension number ' 6431 ' instead of my mobile number,  making the clueless person grumble ' Crazy woman, Am i supposed to guess the rest of the 6 digits! ' . Sheesh : /


- Sometimes when I m watching a movie at the cinemas or on  TV,  i keep glancing at the right hand bottom corner to check the time and wonder ' Who the hell disabled the taskbar?? ' : /


- Whenever I see a black screen, I m prompted to type-in the ' ANT ' command to compile my java program. : /


- When I m stuck on an error which does not get resolved or even reproduced on my environment for days,  my dreams are filled with pages and pages of log file errors. : /
[ Nasty errors really kill my beauty sleep.. :P ]


- Sometimes when somebody doesn't follow what I say [happens most of the time], I exclaim 'He's encountered a compile error!'
[Yup I can get really nerdy at times. :P]


And the best one-


- I wake up at 9am on a Sunday morning and think ' Damn, Am I late for work today ? ' :O

Phew!
Yeah I know I really really need a break!.. :D

Do you have any occupational hazards to share???

8 comments :

  1. wearing the ID card is what I always do :P :P :P :P ....!!!!!

    Nice one...!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol.. technically you work all 7 days get paid for 5 !

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far,So good............of all your blogs I like this one the most :) an you seem quiet a regular now.....keep comming

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jes! I knew you could relate to this one better... :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. rightly wrote.. few of these incidents were true with me too.. :D

    Vally

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Vally for reading!.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol..this reminds me how many times i did above crazy things

    ReplyDelete