Tuesday 2 June 2015

As A Kid I Believed.........

  • Stuffed toys came to life at night when we are all asleep, so I never owned one but now I have a cart-load of them. xD
  • My grandparents lived in a 'black and white' world. And they prayed to God to make it colorful. ;)
  • Only Mum knows everything, something I still believe in. Yes even Google just comes a close second! :P
  • The nose would grow longer if I lied. So I have always been honest to the core!
  • If I got 'good' grades ; I was a 'good' kid. Now you know why I was such a nerd! :f
  • Ghosts and monsters could never penetrate my blanket. This still holds true! :)
  • If we dig a hole deep enough in India we would get out in America
  • Grownups were the 'happiest' people in the world since they did not have to take tests or exams.
  • Everything had 'human emotions' even the furniture. So if I bumped into one, I would pat them and say 'Sorry' :$
  • MAGIC exists!
  • Kissing made babies. :r  Yes too much Bollywood movies I tell you.
  • Crying my heart out when I realize my favorite clothes have shrunk. :c  A phenomenon that doesn't seem to cease even when I'm all grown up.
  • Growing up would be the happiest thing that could ever happen. What the hell was I thinking! :|
  • People I saw on TV, lived inside the TV.
  • ATMs gave you money for free and only the card required to get the money was really expensive. So I was elated when my Dad finally got one! xD
  • Dogs were all 'male' and cats where all 'female'. No idea why!
  • If you accidentally ate seeds of a fruit, you would die. I was terrified to eat pomegranates.
  • Strongly believed - 'An apple a day keeps the doctor away' and was totally annoyed when Mom dragged me to the doctor when I hurt my leg. :@
  • Money grew on 'money-plants'. xD
  • All the cartoon characters were real and they lived in Disneyland.
  • You could never have more than one 'best friend'.
  • All the grownups were intelligent. Well they did give pretty convincing performances. :P
  • If you married the person you love, only then its 'true love' :$
  • People died only when they got old. And I had a long way to go.... :f
  • God would punish me if I did not finish everything on my plate. :o
  • If I spoke to a stranger, they would kidnap me! :o
  • The world was a tiny place. Only the people I knew or saw existed. Imagine my disappointment when I realized I did not know 'everyone' in the world! xD
  • Before I learned to read and write, when I heard people spell out words I thought they were exchanging spy codes :r
  • Nothing bad happens to good people!

Sadly these beliefs did not stick for long, ah growing up really sucks! :(


No comments :

Post a Comment