Thursday 7 June 2012

The unknown... the unseen.. ?

Over the weekend I've been playing songs from around a decade ago and this song kinda got stuck in my head and has been running in a loop ever since. :tone :tone :tone

... andekha anjana sa
            pagala sa diwana sa
               jaane woh kaisa hoga re....

[For the ones who have wandered by from the non-Hindi land, here's my feeble attempt to a word-to-word translation ]

... unknown and unseen
         crazy and passionate
            don't know how he's really gonna be...
[Those who have a better translation please feel free to leave it in the comments section.]

Yeah I know the song sounds very  silly now. But back in my teens I was a die-hard fan of those cheesy gooey mushy romantic Bollywood movies. [ Somewhere in my heart I still am .. ;) ]
Those movies were soooo very dreamy that it made me  sketch in my heart and mind the image of that perfect dream guy - my 'andekha anjana sa '....  :/


Everything was crystal clear to me- his physique, his charming personality, his thoughts, his attitude, what he thought about me, how he reacted to my antics, his magnetic smile, the deep husky voice - apart from his face of course..  :(  The face was always very hazy.

Since it was all in my head - I knew him perfectly well. :)
He was the guy who loved me the most in this world. He would treat me like a queen everyday and consider himself fortunate that his lucky stars had bought me to him.
[OK stop chuckling now.. its my story.. my script... and I always play the upper hand here.. :P ]

The very thought of him - and my heart would start racing. His one look gave me goosebumps. He was slightly haughty but equally humble. He could be hilarious and solemn at the same time.
He totally got me and was equally mesmerised by me as I was with him.
Yeah I know - he was soooooooo very real to  me that it might all sound very creepy !

I started to compare and tally the guys I met in real life with the dream guy in my virtual world and finally strike them out  as none of them even came close to being him.

Life took its ugly turns and thoughts became mature, people came and left and the hope of finding my ' andekha anjana  ' started fading slowly, sometimes making me wonder - had my prince charming lost his way in the dark woods and was too stubborn to ask directions to his beautiful princess. Yeah I know i can get really filmy at times. Sheesh .. :/

Finally with age came wisdom ( hair loss and wrinkles ) , realisation struck hard - I was never gonna meet my ' andekha anjana ' as he was toooo perfect to be real and God had never intended to incarnate anyone like him. Ahhh... growing up really sucks ! :/ 

Guys who have stumbled by stop guffawing.. :P

Believe it or not but every gal has an ' andekha anjana ' in her teens - that perfect guy whom she creates and re-creates in her dream world and then you unruly boys barge in , burst her bubble shake her up from her deep slumber and make her face the ugly truth that - its all a whimsy !
Sigh <\3  

7 comments :

  1. Hehehehe.... :P :P :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. well maam u did stumble upon ur prince charmin ,an soon gonna have a ring for the same so ........its not all whimsy:P.........an ya nice wrk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arre jes... u lost the whole meaning of my post :( No guy ever equates to your 'dream guy'... You just learn to adjust with one... :P

      Delete
  3. Well, I think I know a guy who meets your "everything was crytal to me part" kinda close friend of mine, you know? ;) Or uhm... you do know, don't you? hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh... I knew it I shouldnt have posted this post.
      You see m just trying to adjust with ur dear friend as now m totally tired of finding a my dream guy.. :P Aur uska umar bhi ho raha hai na... bechare ko sahare ki zaroorat hai.. hehehehehe.. :D

      Well i need to go hide somewhere before he finds me and kicks my ass.. ;)

      Delete
  4. Lol, thanks a lot. I appreciate your courtsey *winks*

    ReplyDelete